VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much will i need to raise a double ikea lycksele bed to clear the arches? and what about the legs with the wheels on? will it sit squint? sorry for all the questions pretty new on here a lot to learn first t4. T:

·
Registered
277 Posts
How much will i need to raise a double ikea lycksele bed to clear the arches? and what about the legs with the wheels on? will it sit squint? sorry for all the questions pretty new on here a lot to learn first t4. T:
hiya mate

i had one fitted to my t4 , nice double comfy bed .

i car nt remember how much i raised mine but i am going to see if it fits in my t5 . i will take some measurements and pics for you at the weekend .

i bolted mine into the load lashing holes at the rear and welded a plate onto the legs . i am hoping the distance between the two holes are the same as the t4 so it will fit straight in without the need to re-weld the plates .

hope this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Word up...

i have an idea lycksele bed in my van but managed to get away without lifting it atall, which meant it would still roll nicely on the wheels etc.

When widening it to make it in to 3/4 bed i just left some gaps where the arch is. If you use an appropriate depth of wood, the arch falls level with the bed meaning the arch supports that part of the mattress instead. Hope that makes sense, probably havent described it very well, hopefully this picture link will work...

PS: ignore the little sliding slat part. I only did that to allow me to push the bed closer to the back of the van giving me abit more floor space at the front.

hope thats of some help?

Alex.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Word up...

i have an idea lycksele bed in my van but managed to get away without lifting it atall, which meant it would still roll nicely on the wheels etc.

When widening it to make it in to 3/4 bed i just left some gaps where the arch is. If you use an appropriate depth of wood, the arch falls level with the bed meaning the arch supports that part of the mattress instead. Hope that makes sense, probably havent described it very well, hopefully this picture link will work...

PS: ignore the little sliding slat part. I only did that to allow me to push the bed closer to the back of the van giving me abit more floor space at the front.

hope thats of some help?

Alex.

That looks like a great idea!! Will have a tinker this weekend :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts