VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the forum reading reviews and comments about coilovers for quite a while now and had more-or-less decided I wanted to purchase the CMC Platinum Kit for about £500, however, I can't seem to find them anymore.

On Flea-bay they were advertised as: THE NEW EXCLUSIVE CMC/VMAXX T5/6 PLATINUM COILOVER KIT!! AFTER THE SUCCESS OF OUR CMC COILOVER KIT WE HAVE TEAMED UP WITH VMAXX TO OFFER THIS NEW PLATINUM COILOVER KIT

Then it changed to: THE NEW EXCLUSIVE CMC XXX T5/6 PLATINUM COILOVER KIT!! AFTER THE SUCCESS OF OUR CMC COILOVER KIT WE HAVE TEAMED UP WITH A TOP EUROPEAN MANUFACTURER TO OFFER THIS NEW PLATINUM COILOVER KIT

Now all they have, including on their own website, is a "quality" budget coilover suspension kit is available for your T5 from CMC! at £279.

I am very much of the opinion that 'you get what you pay for' so didn't really want to buy some cheap-and-nasty set for a couple of hundred quid; after all..... buy cheap, buy twice!

I'm now thinking I should look for something else so any suggestions for a kit at around the £600 mark would be good. I'm also thinking I may push my budget higher in the hope that I can get a set that will last a good few years. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a set for £500 start of the month, fitted and adjusted and rides very well! for the money i'd say best around T:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a set for £500 start of the month, fitted and adjusted and rides very well! for the money i'd say best around T:
Excellent, I'll give them a call. Cheers. T:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought the CMC kit off ebay for just over £500 to replace my creaking TA Technix and fitted couple of weeks ago.

They are awesome and the silence makes the van a joy to drive again:) I just hope it lasts!

·
previously; ishmo186
183 Posts
I think the platinum ones were part of a deal they had, as the springs were green on them.
I think they have reverted back to their red springs, but I I've got a set on mine and they are fantastic! Highly recommend CMC! customer service is brilliant! T:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think the platinum ones were part of a deal they had, as the springs were green on them.
I think they have reverted back to their red springs, but I I've got a set on mine and they are fantastic! Highly recommend CMC! customer service is brilliant! T:
CMC are waiting on a delivery of the platinum,s from V-MAXX and should have them in a couple of weeks. The ones with red springs on there website are not the platinum,s .

Just had an email off them. T:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
30,000 miles on a set in my old t5 and still great when I sold it, and now 5,000 miles on a set on my currant t5 T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts