VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I've ordered the engagement ring for the Mrs! Going to get it on Sunday....not tomorrow as I think I'm mountain biking! Anyone any advice, am I mad?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, a Miss? Hmmm. 18....blonde...surf chick
Been with my Mrs 2 years, in our first house together, work together, blonde, surf chick!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds great! Have you asked her dad for his blessing first though?
I Know most people think it's old fashioned now but your inlaws will love you for it & most women will be suprised (& delighted) you thought of doing it.
Good luck :gl I will be watching this thread for a resounding YES T:

·
Registered
124 Posts
And there's me thinking they called it Mad Friday because of the number of alcohol induced injuries....

Seriously though, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Admire the fact that you referred to it as "our" house and posted that you were going mountain biking!

Get that ring on her finger and sign away everything you ever owned, the free time you had to go biking will be taken up with shopping and decorating and the addition of kids will keep you poor for the rest of your life!

Having said that, congratulations to you both!

:jmpg:jmpg:jmpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Aswell as asking her dad for permission make sure you speak to your bus aswell explain the situation and that you won't neglect him/her and him/her will always be your number 1 and that will never change ! T:

Congrats though !

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sounds great! Have you asked her dad for his blessing first though?
I Know most people think it's old fashioned now but your inlaws will love you for it & most women will be suprised (& delighted) you thought of doing it.
Good luck :gl I will be watching this thread for a resounding YES T:

that is a sound bit of advice.

always get the parents permission.....

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Agreed totally. It earns you so many brownie points it unbelievable.
It'll all be clean sailing mate but once it's all tided in the proverbial knot. Things will change. You'll ALWAYS be wrong, you'll ALWAYS be thinking of yourself and not what she wants and you'll ALWAYS be living your dreams of biking holidays and lads nights out through your single mates hahahaha.
Seriously though buddy, if you want to do it then that's all you need to worry about. Take one day at a time and don't let the missis and the two mothers get carried away with wedding plans. You'll be suffering for it for about 3-4 years afterwards...........

For an afterthought- I can personally recommend www.quickydivorce.com. Genuine site and actually very good...............................

It doesnt always end up like mine I've been told...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got her dads blessing then went out and bought the ring! Sadly her mum is no longer with us, she misses her terribly. Plan to ask her Xmas eve.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Get in! Good to see people still do it right. Me and the Mrs have been married just over 4 years now and no looking back.

But beware - the wedding planning can all get a bit mental - try to keep everything in perspective and you'll be grand!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...I'm now an engaged man! Hehe! Asked her this morning, Em was in floods of tears! And she got me a present for the van for Xmas!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Well...I'm now an engaged man! Hehe! Asked her this morning, Em was in floods of tears! And she got me a present for the van for Xmas!
Congrats buddy, I bet the van is pleased she got something out of this too :) T:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts