VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first of all merry Christmas to you all, hope Santa was good to you, now my question as don't know what category to put this under I'll fire it here, when I lock my doors they all lock, when I unlock them my side dosent open from the outside, but once done once it will open no problems until I lock it again so I dont know were to start on this one, anyone out there with an answer before I blame the kids again

·
Registered
511 Posts
My 1st plip only unlocks the drivers door. 2nd plip does the rest. I think this can be altered at the dealers if you don't like it that way.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
On my golf it has a two stage lock the first press opens the front doors and the second press opens the back and boot so possibly your t5 could be the same.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I assume you are talking about the side sliding door rather than "your side" being the drivers door.

I would suggest you start by checking and clean the electrical contacts on the side door. If these are dirty it will not allow the signal to pass to the central locking solenoid and therefore not open the door....it will also not sound the alarm or activate the interior light if that door is opened.

Don't forget to check the inner contacts for the connections too (unscrew the two plates on the door and the B-pillar to access these) and give them a good clean.

I would recommend using some contact cleaner (available from Maplins') and a small file/scotch pad to get these contacts shiney new.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Since a slight knock on the back I my van my tailgate seems iffy,

The light doesn't come on when it's opened, and if you unlock the van and only open the tailgate after a couple of minutes it locks the van again, it doesn't know the boot has been opened I assume..

Add that to the locking issues we are all having!! Lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well got all the tools ready and was ready to start stripping and cleaning and it's decided to start working itself, looks like I'll do a full strip and clean in the better weather thanks to all the replies, hope you all have a good 2012

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi first of all merry Christmas to you all, hope Santa was good to you, now my question as don't know what category to put this under I'll fire it here, when I lock my doors they all lock, when I unlock them my side dosent open from the outside, but once done once it will open no problems until I lock it again so I dont know were to start on this one, anyone out there with an answer before I blame the kids again
On mine you press unlock once it unlocks drivers door only , press it twice to unlock unlocks all doors !

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It is supposed to be this way.

One click opens just the driver's door.

2nd click [or subsequent clicks] will open the other doors.

It is so that when you're driving along, no one can open one of your other doors [say, at traffic lights] and nick stuff.

You'd moan if there wasn't a way of keeping the rest of the doors locked, eventually, when you think through the possible consequences.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Also, when locking the doors with the key:

1st click also engages the deadlocks. The van cannot be opened from the inside - dangerous if you are camping in it and there's a fire.

2nd click disengages the deadlocks. Now, the door handles will work - but only if you use them TWICE. [so don't think it doesn't work, when it doesn't open the first time you operate the door handle.]

Most people assume that it is the 2nd click which operates the deadlock - as this is how the deadlock works on many other makes of cars. It's important to know the way it works on a transporter - as it is a safety issue if you get it wrong.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Also, when locking the doors with the key:

2nd click disengages the deadlocks. Now, the door handles will work - but only if you use them TWICE. [so don't think it doesn't work, when it doesn't open the first time you operate the door handle.]

I'm referring to using the door handles from INSIDE the van, of course. From the outside, the doors will remain locked no matter how many times you try the handles.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have just changed this today on my Van using VAGCOM.....
It's quiet easy and I set the lights to flash on open/close tooT:

I found it annoying as I often have passengers and kept pressing it twice, Now one click and all doors openT:

When sleeping in the van, I manually lock all the doors from the inside to avoid the deadlocks/alarm going off as mentioned above :ILU:

·
Super Moderator
5,216 Posts
On my van, 1 click opens all doors. Click again all doors lock lock apart from rear doors.
Suits me so I can work from the back of my van without anyone getting in the cab.
My indicators flash every time I click the fob too.
There must be a variety of ways vagcom can alter this:*

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
my kombi drivers door opens on one click ,the rest open on two clicks ,and the boot stays open when the whole van auto locks when you forget to lock it ,the lights also flash .

The alarm works well as if you leave the tailgate open it goes off

My t5 work shed locks and opens on one click with the flashing lights (when i can be bothered to lock it at all)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts