VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have purchased a tracker for the van, it also has the ability to immobilise the van with a text message if stolen, thinking this might be a useful feature, but i have find a wire ( they suggest one going from the engine to the fuel pump) to cut and route through the tracker, anybody out there got any idea where to find a wire that would fit the bill? dont want to use any that are not suitable, thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am going to put a hidden kill switch on my van using the fuel shut off solenoid. If I remember its white and on the 2.5tdi t4 its the one on the rear of the diesel pump with a 8mm nut. If you get someone to turn your ignition on and off and put ur head close to the pump you will hear the solenoid clicking. Thats the one I am going to use.
If I remember right, top left of the engine bay where the the loom goes into the bulkhead in front of driver the white wire is in there so it must be going behind the fuse box loom somewhere. Just follow it through.
Hope that is some kind of help. ps how much was ur tracker kit and what make and where from ?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Although I understand the need to shut your vehicle down asap the main problem with the tracker connected to shut the fuel off is if the thief were doing 100mph on the motorway fast lane and you sent the command to shut down then if it all went Pete tong then you could find yourself in court

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
On that note, I would be quite happy making my van remote control so I could drive the van, containing thief, and smash it into the nearest tree so I could watch him bleed on my windsreen glass!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i cant believe they can sell that sort of device either, beyond belief really, thanks for the heads up on the solenoid wire, i will look for that one, once the kill command has been sent to the tracker it only cuts off the engine when the vehicles speed has dropped below 20 kph, but the remote driving/ tree smashing idea sounds better, got it from amazon, £52ish seems to almost everything, they give it there own number but think it is a tk 103 type, bought it from amazon cause i think there are a lot of fake ones around and figured amazon had a rep to lose, seems great, quite easy to set up, gives street address of van and does other stuff, texts me if the van moves etc

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm all for the

Lock the doors, Smoke Bomb, Lock the steering, Foot flat to the floor method of deterement!

Well if some Scrote has nicked it and probably already trashed it, I might not really want it back!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts