VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm going to have a go at this tomorrow as I've got intermitent starting troubles. Could someone sent me the 'secret' instructions I've read about and any tips for making the job easier. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Is it an aftermarket imobiliser or the one built into the ecu? If its the one built into the ecu, please can you pm me if you find a way to remove it that doesnt involve sending the ecu off and having it flashed!

To disable aftermarket imobilisers you usually just cut the earth wires, nothing secret there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is anyone able to help me with this removal guide? I was hoping to have a go at it in the morning and understand I'm going to need a big hammer, a chisel, and patience but want to make sure I'm hacking away at the right thing!

·
Registered
213 Posts
on the end of the fuel pump there is a plastic cover held on with security screws, you need to smash off this cover to get to the immob, then remove it and thats all i can say.T:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks, I think I can piece the snippets of info together off the forum to give it a go.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
on the end of the fuel pump there is a plastic cover held on with security screws, you need to smash off this cover to get to the immob, then remove it and thats all i can say.T:
Cut wires going to printed circuit inside, join 2 wires together and tape up third. Cant remember which two
wires you join but you could use fused wire across to check. Job done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slight problem I hope, I've removed the cover and the two wires to the circuit board and looked to join the purple wire and the wire to the solenoid but realised that the black wire (which I think went to the solenoid) came off still fully connected to the circuit board and can't see where it should go. Hope this makes sense.

·
Previously; stevemadbiker
1,308 Posts
Slight problem I hope, I've removed the cover and the two wires to the circuit board and looked to join the purple wire and the wire to the solenoid but realised that the black wire (which I think went to the solenoid) came off still fully connected to the circuit board and can't see where it should go. Hope this makes sense.
you have a p/m
steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I am having the same problem, having tested for a fault with the ignition i was to try and bypass the fuel pump solenoid but cannot get the black box immobilizer removed. If someone could help me out i would appreciate it greatly. Really need to get her running again. If you want to PM me the instructions thats fine.

Cheers

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've reported this thread to the mods as I, for one, would rather people would not have a nice public discussion about how best to disable the immobiliser on a T4. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I appreciate that the OP asked for info by PM, if any other info could be exchanged this way that would be better, surely?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i have the same problem with my van. Im picking up a new key reader from VW to see if that fixes it. If not im going to have to by pass the immobiliser. can you p.m me info on witch wires to connect together. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi I have the same problem would you be able to send me the information to bypass the immobiliser .
Hi there

I do got a 2003 T5 2.5 TDI with :
17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
P1570 - 35-00 -
disassemblied all of the Engine bay And tested all , extra key tested , Battery, Connections ,,,
It seem to bee tha blo---- Pump/immo sh--t

Can someone Please PM mee , what cables goes where ...

Fair Winds
SSDD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Appreciate this is a rather old thread but i have a 1.9td abl that i need to bypass the immobilser on. Could someone kindly PM me the details of how to go about this as am keen to do this today and reading all the cryptic threads on "joining 2 wires, tape the 3rd etc etc...." is frying my brain?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all just done an engine swap on my t4 1.9td abl like for like as I knackered the old engine I'm having the trouble of fuel to the pump but none to the engine can someone please pm me on to fix this as need it back today for work tomorrow cheers matty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yet another person asking for help. In my case, I've removed the security screws (a standard 4mm socket works on these by the way) and immobilser. I'm now left with the plug (white/red stripe and black wires) and a wire coming out of the solenoid (black). Can someone please PM me with info on which to connect, though I can only get it wrong twice if I have a play myself, just wondering if there is anything specific I need to know and whether I should add a fuse/ remote switch in there?
Alternative - can you actually buy new immobiliser units?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You were very lucky to remove the screws with a socket, I've removed loads in the past and it always involved violence in the end.

Remove the black box completely, The purple and black wire coming from the loom needs to be connected to the solenoid to give unit a 12v feed.

Anyone paranoid about seeing such info in a public forum should know that there are much easier ways to bypass an immobiliser - ask your local car thief for details as they are the experts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts