VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
i've wired the black and blue wire directly to the solenoid leaving the white and orange cable free but now my glow plugs won't work.

Could anyone please advise before i tow my van to the scrap yard?:*

·
Registered
2 Posts
after some help . have a 1.9td abl with starting issue , been told its the immobiliser on the fuel pump , so the wires going into the fuel pump are both live when ignition is on and stay live when cranking , I believe this can be bypassed just wondering if anyone has the info to do this please

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,187 Posts
State your location in your profile...maybe someone close will contact you.
It's a "little silly" to post on an open forum how to steal someones van! :*

·
Registered
2 Posts
State your location in your profile...maybe someone close will contact you.
It's a "little silly" to post on an open forum how to steal someones van! :*
thanks for the reply , its quite well known from reading about just need to someone to guide me on the actual repair , im sure it can be PM to me so the whole world doesn't find out , updated my location thanks for your help

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good morning.

Having similar trouble with my dad's T4 1.9 TD not starting from cold and have posted on the general chat forum.

It will be a process of elimination really, glow plugs tested OK, will replace the ignition switch this week.

Could anyone please PM me the details to bypass the immobiliser please?

If we can bypass that, and it still doesn't solve the problem then we will try something else.

Thank You

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,187 Posts
If it was an Immo problem, it would start and run for 2-3 seconds.
Have you checked voltage on the glow plugs?
Not starting from cold on that engine is mostly glow plugs not "lighting up", or the timing is way out.
Have you tried using the "choke"....timing adjust lever? (If fitted...)
Ignition switch won't be the problem if it cranks over. (Or shouldn't be....they cause all sorts of problems!)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

The glow plugs and feed have been checked at two different garages and at an auto electricians.

Due to the symptoms, faulty glow plugs or feed was our first thought.

On the other thread in general chat, someone mentioned that it could be cylinder and compression problems so we want to eliminate all other possible causes first. that's why we would like to try the bypass method.

When the engine does fire up with easy start, it won't run without the cold start lever pulled out for a few minutes then it runs fine.
The engine doesn't suddenly seem any less powerful than normal ( considering that it is a 1.9 TD :rolleyes:), just won't fire up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts