VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the T4forum site so first hello all, I bought my Van on Tuesday this week after ages looking for one, And now the love affair has begun, until last night when we visited a local camping exhibition upon having purchased a tent for our first weekend in VINNIE (That's his name) we returned to the van to go home all smiles etc. when he wouldn't start ... after ages and loads of messing around had to call the AA and the guy was great turns out I have the dreaded Immobiliser fault that appears to be quite common, The AA guy suspects a wiring fault somewhere as this has been altered and added to over the years with previous owners, The AA guy said a good auto electrician would be able to bypass this however after reading several posts on here this morning i can see that help is at hand on here, so PLEASE PLEASE can someone help and save me a falling out of love with my nearly new T4 lol .. its a 2000 1.9 TD 800 special.

Many thanks Doodles & Noodles

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Bump.

Anyone help this new lad?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turning over and getting the glow plug light but then loose all the engine management lights from what i've read on here on the subject sounds classic immobilizer fault and showed this on Mr AA's plug in computer, It said on the diagnostics that the key was okay, only bits I've looked at on the electrics since I got the van is a couple of the central locking units are playing up or not working, does anyone know if the door switches are linked to the immobilizer relay unit?? The AA guy determined that its not energizing the fuel solenoid.

Neil

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also if anyone has the way to bypass the immobilizer that would be a great help, I know its mentioned on some posts but people don't make it public for obvious reasons so if someone has this it would be a great help as VINNIE is currently stood there and its also put my refit etc. on hold till its sorted.

Neil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts