VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

immobiliser

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  dbug 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
The conversion is well on its way, tried cranking over, turned no problems, but no diesel coming up the lines, I am thinking possible diesel pump, I haven't tested it yet, but initially concerned that the immobiliser my be keeping it switched off.
I connected the grey/white wire from the loom to the grey/white on the obd2 port. Is this correct, I read it should work, I couldn't find a grey white on the immobiliser itself.

Any Ideas

Thanks

#6 ·
have you swapped the immob box from the donor to the van ?

have you swapped the chip in the donor key to the van key ?

grey white to grey is correct on the obd, just join them together.

if its turning over then your almost there - other area to check is the large round multi connector is fully home.

#7 ·
Hi Dbug
Its the standard Immob box and keys so chip and box have not been swapped out, should this matter as long as the chip tells the box everything is ok then shouldn't the ecu get the green lights?.
The multi connector is connected fully (all closed up)

#9 ·
DO NOT REMOVE IMMOB PART OFF THE FUEL PUMP IF YOU HAVE DONE THE TDI SWAP......

if you do it will be a trip to the breakers for a new one and then a reprogramme as all 4 parts need to be correct and in place to allow it to run.

1.9td it dont matter about so hammer away , as the immob only runs to the fuel pump.

#16 ·
only other thought is you get the bits from a breakers yard - you can get a matching ecu, immob, and keys from them ( they only normally want the engine/box ) then see if you have a moble VAG technician that will come to you and pair them upto the fuel pump.

if you do go down that route you may also need the vin number of the car and reg no. as they sometimes need them to get a 4 digit code to enter into the ecu to allow the pairing.

good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.