VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys names Craig been kicking about car and bike forums/clubs for years running as a mod for 1 car and 1 bike forum/club

the time is coming to hang up the keys to the fast road cars, been running ford RS turbos before moving into the Subaru's for the last 12 years from old to new UK and Imports from 225 bhp up to 400bhp

been thinking of a T5 for a few years now, and its time to scratch the itch, so thought i would drop in and pick your brains before i buy one.

is there anything to look out for in particular any engine better than others (will be getting a map), any body problem areas to pay attention to.

thanks for any help guys

Craig T:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi mate the t5 2010 onwards has a 20lt engine on all models its just mapped to certain bhp, the 140 bhp and 180 have a 6 speed box which is beefier than the five so they use these on these models. The 180 also has a twin turbo otherwise ive been told they are the same 20lt engine, the 180 can be mapped over 200 bhp :eek: for a van they shift mate, I can only dream of owning a sportline model lol and im a mere mortal and have got a remap to 130 with a 5 speed box but my van shifts along nice.T:
The t5 03 to 09 come with either a 19 tdi or 2.5 some people have had issues with the latter but others love this engine, try and test drive a few too see what suits you buddy. T:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how are the 2.5 engines reliability once mapped ?? i know the 2.5 subaru STi engine is chocolate and needs a forge rebuild if you want a map (experience)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts