VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
New to T4 ownership, this being my first one. I picked it up Saturday, 99 plate Black Over Red T4, lowered with Golf 1.9 TDI engine transplant, and did a search for insurance using van compare (this was before I found this place).
So I insured it with B&G Insurance, and as it was over the weekend it was done online with a call back due this week.
I got the call back today and started to explain about how it was going in on Saturday to Waverider vans for camper conversion, etc. They stopped me short and cancelled my insurance with them, saying they dont insure DIY conversions. They have however given me 7 day cancellation time period which means I can drop the van off, but I need to sort out insurance for when I pick it up a week later.
So my issue is it isn't yet a camper, but wont be a standard van, whats the best thing to do?
Cheers for any help
Chris

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi Guys,
New to T4 ownership, this being my first one. I picked it up Saturday, 99 plate Black Over Red T4, lowered with Golf 1.9 TDI engine transplant, and did a search for insurance using van compare (this was before I found this place).
So I insured it with B&G Insurance, and as it was over the weekend it was done online with a call back due this week.
I got the call back today and started to explain about how it was going in on Saturday to Waverider vans for camper conversion, etc. They stopped me short and cancelled my insurance with them, saying they dont insure DIY conversions. They have however given me 7 day cancellation time period which means I can drop the van off, but I need to sort out insurance for when I pick it up a week later.
So my issue is it isn't yet a camper, but wont be a standard van, whats the best thing to do?
Cheers for any help
Chris
Give Adrian flux or brentacre insurance a ring
Both do cover for this kind of thing

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Good morning,

We can help and I am getting loads of great feedback on the forum at the moment.

Sent me a PM with your name and contact number and I will call you and take the details. :)

All the best

Dan
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879910

1 - 5 of 5 Posts