VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just hooked up a halfords bike rack on my tow bar and now I get a loud beeping noise when using the indicators or hazard lights. (Is this normal?). I assume the van is beeping to let me know the light board on the bike rack is working ok. My question is can the volume of the beeping be adjusted as mine seems unnecessarily loud (like reversing sensor)?
I'm not at all technically minded but any advice welcome.
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,748 Posts
My old model has an extra light on the dash that flashes when a trailer is connected but no beeping It's a legal requirement to have one or the other to show that the trailer indicator bulbs are working. If the beeping comes from an aftermarket setup then find it and shut it up as said above. But if it's original or a dedicated T5 aftermarket wiring kit it's likely that the sound comes from the instrument cluster.

You can probably chose whether you want the beeping or just the light via diagnostics. A towbar place should be able to help or someone with VCDS can look at the options possible on your particular van.

You don't say what year your van is. And does it have a factory fit towbar?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.