VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a strange one for you, my indicators, blowers 1-3, dashboard and interior lights all work when I turn the ignition on. When a start the engine after a couple of seconds theres a click from the BCM? Under the steering wheel and they all turn off. If I turn the blowers up to 4 they work for a couple of seconds then a click and they are off. Any ideas? It's a 1.9td 2004 t5

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think on that year van your "BCM" is know as the Central Control Unit, (J519). Later year vans have BCM's plus other units, one of which might be called the CCU. It's a bit confusing I know, but something to be aware of.

Have you had ANY work done either by yourself or someone else recently & prior to this fault appearing ?

With the ignition OFF & the key removed, turn the indicator stalk to the left position & check the left-hand side lights. Are they ON ?
Do the same for the left-hand side lights.

It's quite possible the control unit has developed a fault, but it is an expensive unit to change without knowing for certain that it is at fault.
I have never read on here before anyone else with this same fault so you are going to be a bit of a trailblazer here.
Don't forget to post up the fix if you sort it !!(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All,

I have found the issue, the alternator is over charging so everything works fine until the engine starts. Now to work out what regulator I need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts