VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting an induction kit on my 1.9 TD to help get a tiny bit more power.

Ive been advised on more than one occasion of K&N 57i induction kits helping performance and increase MPG

I can only find ones for a 2.5 TDI

Anyone know if these fit 1.9's and if its just K&N to go for or are there other makes that are just as good?

Cheers all

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I'm thinking of putting an induction kit on my 1.9 TD to help get a tiny bit more power.

Ive been advised on more than one occasion of K&N 57i induction kits helping performance and increase MPG

I can only find ones for a 2.5 TDI

Anyone know if these fit 1.9's and if its just K&N to go for or are there other makes that are just as good?

Cheers all
hi pal just get the k&n panel filter.........doesnt look as good but does the same job for alot less cash

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
I have the barrel air filter and keep meaning to get the K&N replacement, as the induction kits come with "free" roarty sound that I don't want!p
common sense however tells me that a good paper filter kept clean is probably just as good!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I did back to back dyno tests in my old Corrado TDI with a standard airbox and a K&N cone filter only difference was a lot more noise with the K&N and about 2bhp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts