VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen a video posted on you tube by Penrose Outdoors giving a really good description on an inflatable awning.

Well worth a watch if your thinking of an awning, the chap even explains how to attach it.

I am happy as they used my van to attach it to A:
Worth a discount I:

Have a nose.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Go for the bigger Sapera - brilliant piece of kit - we sleep in ours - has a detachable bedroom.
I went for an extra ground sheet and a carpet - can't wait to use it again this year
Up or down in 15 minutes

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
For anyone in and around Falmouth on Wednesday , we are putting a vango sapera up for a customer to have a look at. Feel free to pop in and take a peek if you want ...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me too, mind mine is in the garage again tomorrow for suspension/steering wrack faults! :(

On a plus, hubby works at Penrose Outdoors, so should get a good discount (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
241 Posts
We haven't had a problem fitting on pitches at the sites we have stayed at but at nearly 5 metres plus the van it's big.
Most of the ones we have stayed have been in France which were quite generous.
I could imagine some pitches would be a tight squeeze.
Got mine from driveaway- awnings.co.uk - great service, got hard ground pegs, kador strip and 3 figure 8 fittings thrown in.
A length of C rail from local caravan shop - stuck it in the rain gutter and job's a good un.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had a look at one of these on Saturday, Looks great and very well made it's the higher end in regard to price but spoke to a guy at work who has one and after years of dealing with various awnings has said he wouldn't have anything else!!

I'm going to get one and even the wife approves!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I was against them when they first came out. But had a look at one on a caravan last year. Quite fast to put up and very solid feel too. So am eating my words...

T:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
just watched penhouse video.
suggest people watch vango version and read instructions,I wouldnot try the penhouse way in high winds.
i didnt watch all the vid as he hadnt watched vango version or read instructions.:*

OLD GUYS RULEI:

:jmpg:jmpg

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
just watched penhouse video.
Suggest people watch vango version and read instructions,i wouldnot try the penhouse way in high winds.
I didnt watch all the vid as he hadnt watched vango version or read instructions.:*

old guys rulei:

:jmpg:jmpg
should read penrose ytube video

·
Registered
522 Posts
Quick question guys, is there anything that covers the space below the side door to stop my four legged mate doing a runner under the bus.

Digger

·
Registered
48 Posts
My parents have one for their caravan, it's really impressive and they have a terrier and it handles the dog fine. Though my secondhand awning was £85 on ebay and is pretty big so will stay with that (and the arguments) given the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts