VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone can help me here. I'm looking to change the glowplugs in my T5 2.5 130, but I open the bonnet and see nothing but problems!! Does anyone have Elsawin with instructions on how to replace them? I have done them on other vehicles before, but the T5 seems more complicated. Maybe it's just the amount of pipes and wires in the way, but I don't want to pull something off that I don't need to.

If anyone had done this job I would be very greatful for some info on the best way of going about it.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rought turn over on cold mornings for the first few RPM leads me to suspect a couple of dodgy plugs. Everything is fine after that.

chris

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have exactly the same symptoms, rough for 1st few seconds, almost like old fashioned scenario of plug leads wrong way round, Is getting worse with colder mornings,
Did you change the glow plugs? any better?
M

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I haven't changed the plugs yet, to be honest I think it's past my servicing skills! According to elsaWin (thanks to Rod_vw), it requires a quite a lot of removal work (inlet manifold for a start) so I'm thinking I might just take it to the garage to get it done. I need the gate coupling doing anyhow so they might be able to do the two together.

I'll let you know if it makes a difference, but I'm sure it will.

Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had it in to get the gate couplings hhanged and asked them to look into the problem. They had it over night but couldn't diagnose any problem. Apparently the plugs were all fine and pulling The right current, so I don't know!!! They said it was fine. Anyhow I have just bought a kenlowe hot start which solves both problems. 1 the cold start issues and 2 me freezing my ass off all the way to work! Sorry I'm not much help but I wasn't king to get the plugs changed unless they needed it. Seems to be a tricky job.

Cheers all. Cd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts