VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2.5 Tdi 88hp.

Basically what I want to know is...On the Tall 'Sensor' Injector there is an electrical connection with just two wires. My plug is damaged so I want to chop it out and solder/sleeve the cables, I have stripped back the Injector side cable and both cores are white and not marked. So first question is - What feedback comes down these ie analogue, digital, switch? Second is there a way to ensure correct orientation? And third would be... Is orientation essential?

Thanks for any advice

·
6,678 Posts
As long as there is continuity it'll work.

Connect away.

If you wish to be more careful simply mark one of the wires on both sides of the cut.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rake,

Been doing some digging too. Apparently there is a Piezo Crystal that gives off a small voltage. So I guess either way around will still sense the voltage?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Keep us informed Chris on how you get on will be a lot of folks interested in this one:ILU:

·
6,678 Posts
Thanks Rake,

Been doing some digging too. Apparently there is a Piezo Crystal that gives off a small voltage. So I guess either way around will still sense the voltage?

Cheers

No worries Chris.

Yes there is a small voltage thats how the sensor works.

This is standard operation on PP reconditioned injectors and I've done it to many needle postion sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts