VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since PP2 a couple of years ago I have had to replace my leak off pipes on a regular basis (every 2 mths) They just keep splitting and leaking fuel out. Some I have fitted others have been put on by Simon at Brickwerks. Simon did mention that another pp2 customer was having the same problem so I can only presume it's related.

Any ideas?

·
6,671 Posts
Ok since PP2 a couple of years ago I have had to replace my leak off pipes on a regular basis (every 2 mths) They just keep splitting and leaking fuel out. Some I have fitted others have been put on by Simon at Brickwerks. Simon did mention that another pp2 customer was having the same problem so I can only presume it's related.

Any ideas?
Dont use cheap chinese pipe Andy, use the italian one.
There cannot be any pressure as its a low pressure system

We can supply pipe for you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes please I am sick of loosing fuel. How can they rot in 60 days??

Everything else has been perfect and is running a treat two years on.

Thanks Ron.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ive got the same problem with my pipes. i started a thread the other day, veggie oil and rubber, thinking it was the veggie rotting the rubber, but looks like its quite common and not the veggie that i suspected. happy days.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Simon told me that the percentage of bio in diesel is now much higher than it was, and even he was wondering if it was the cause. So perhaps you were still along the right lines?

I will be using a fuel improver anyway from now on.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I used some spare small bore PVC based hose that I got from B&Q years ago, not leaked since and I run 100% veg all of the time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I received 2m of pipe from United Diesel in quick time today, it's fitted so lets hope that's cured it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just realised I have same issues with the leak off pipes to injectors, is there any one local who can do these in the next few days? Thanks

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,516 Posts
just realised I have same issues with the leak off pipes to injectors, is there any one local who can do these in the next few days? Thanks
It's a 10 min job to do it yourself....just "fiddly".
Cut 5 (or 4 if you're missing a cylinder!) at around 5" long, and replace one at a time.
Pull off/push on fit....between each injector....last one couples to a plastic pipe behind the pump.
As Rake said earlier, low pressure.....but the cheap ones do seem to rot remarkably quickly.
Even VW don't charge a fortune for the pipe.
Buy a metre (3 feet in Old Money), and have plenty spare (can also be used to replace various other small hoses in the rats nest under the bonnet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts