VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Anyone able to tell me the difference between the injectors on an 88 bhp and a 102bhp engine from a 2.5tdi?

Basically I need a 102bhp injector from an ACV engine and have found one (allegedly) but want to know how to tell if I have got the right one. In case I get offereed the wrong one. I dont want to purchase or fit the wrong one as you can imagine.

Also if I do will the van still not run right? Anyone know?

Mine is a 99 reg 102bhp ACV engine van (Injector number 5 is fubared)

Have tried fixing it but no luck so am trying to replace it without the horrendous cost.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
the 88 has a smaller nozzle and a different injector body.
Have a read of this thread, all the info is here.

How much are you spending on a new injector? If you change an injector it is recommended that you get the whole set refurbished and the spray patterns balanced.

If you read this thread, you will see that you can exchange your full set of injectors with a guy on here called Rake and then have the van remapped for £260 all in. The remap will not only give you more power, but will also increase the economy slightly. Worth a thought.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have a set of std 102hp ACV injectors for £40 plus post, i replaced them for 150 hp ones and they were still fineT:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
£260 did seem a little cheap, and i did just skim the thread. It is something worth thinking about though when changing injectors IMHO.

10,824 Posts
£260 did seem a little cheap, and i did just skim the thread. It is something worth thinking about though when changing injectors IMHO.

Completely agree, if your having problems with one why not just send the whole lot off for a reconditioned set. Rake is a good bloke and his injectors are top quality and for that price silly cheap. Would defo go that route T:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I can offer you a german written thread where the power ao a 102HP 2.5 Tdi was boosted to approx 150hp with new nozzles & a re-map
Estimated cost 500 Eu
PM me if its of interest:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts