VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been given a set of 216 injectors but number 4 (the needle lift sensor) injector has the connector cut off.

I'm thinking it may be because the sensor is broken, anyone know if I can measure the coils resistance and what it should be?

And if it is OK I need to replace the connector, anybody got a spare one or know where I might get one (and how to wire it ?)

Thank you

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,415 Posts
I've had to measure this before as I was having issues with my timing being read properly.

I can't find a note of the resistance was/should be. But I've got the Needle Lift Sensor in the garage and can measure and post back. Mines off a ACV. Is it the BOSCH NLS you're after?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been given a set of 216 injectors but number 4 (the needle lift sensor) injector has the connector cut off.

I'm thinking it may be because the sensor is broken, anyone know if I can measure the coils resistance and what it should be?

And if it is OK I need to replace the connector, anybody got a spare one or know where I might get one (and how to wire it ?)

Thank you
This is the part number for the plug from the loom 037906240, however I doubt that helps as its the one on the injector wire you want. This might help for £23 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-2003-VOLVO-V40-s40-1-9-tdi-diesel-fuel-injector-with-wire-plug-/181934944350?hash=item2a5c2af05e:g:hfQAAOSwLzdWS5ge you could cut the plug off and bin the injector? Failing that, grab an N75 valve or EGR control valve and check it physically plugs into the loom plug (ignition off!!). If it does, canibilise and old one and cut the plug part off!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I've got the Needle Lift Sensor in the garage and can measure and post back. Mines off a ACV. Is it the BOSCH NLS you're after?
It is - that would be a great help.

Failing that, grab an N75 valve or EGR control valve and check it physically plugs into the loom plug (ignition off!!). If it does, canibilise and old one and cut the plug part off!
I've a couple of large boxes stashed with looms and connectors chopped off various bits in the past - if the sensor tests OK, I'll have a dig about and see if I have anything suitable.

·
Beardy Bus Driver
1,415 Posts
I've got the Needle Lift Sensor in the garage and can measure and post back.
Was it around 93 ohms? That's what mine measures with no shorts to ground so I guess I'm good to go?
Sorry kept getting distracted when I remembered I had to measure this.

But I've just dragged my forgetful backside out to the garage. And I'm measuring 92.5 ohms so looks like yours is good.

·
6,647 Posts
Range is 90-120 Ohms but has to be measured at full operation temp as resistance rises with heat.

As for the connector - you can buy replacements from eBay.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Range is 90-120 Ohms but has to be measured at full operation temp as resistance rises with heat.

As for the connector - you can buy replacements from eBay.
Cheers!

It wont rise much though will it, the coils not a PTC element is it

Do you know what the connector is or will an ebay search for injector connector work?

But I've just dragged my forgetful backside out to the garage. And I'm measuring 92.5 ohms so looks like yours is good.
Thank you - much appreciated T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts