VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought id share as im seriously happy with this.

Dropped my inlet manifold off for acid dipping to get rid of all the gunk that had built up over the last ten years ( and it was a LOT believe me!) and once it had been repeatedly dipped it came out looking like new, but the finish was leaving something to be desired so i had them shotblast and powdercoat it for me.

These are the results ( although my crappy camera phone does the finish no justice!)

Chuffed!!:D

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
That looks well nice T: :cool:

What sort of price are we talking about for the above treatment and powder coating?

Might Even be tempted to get mine done I:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Acid dipping was £30, and they only charged another £20 for shotblasting and powdercoating.
To be fair, they are quite pricey compared to a lot of places, however i have seen their work many times and it never fails to impress.

My wheels will be going there for a touch of something special in the near future, as well as the brake calipers, subframes, wishbones..... haha can you see where this is heading!?!?

·
Registered
731 Posts
That is very impressive! Nice to have piece of mind that its all clean... and looks good for a bonus! I can see many following suit on this one. A:

·
Registered
205 Posts
How much of a ball ache was it to remove the inlet manifold? After seeing my EGR valve a few weeks ago this could well be on the cards.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
removing the inlet is pretty tricky done in situ. from what i have read most people start then abandon it!
I had it easy as i had just pulled the entire engine out...!

Definately worth it though, i had about 4mm of build up over the entire surface area, thats got to be a serious restriction on airflow surely?!

·
Registered
205 Posts
hmm, maybe a job for the summer then when i'm back on the bike for the daily commute.

EGR was caked in about 10mm+ of crud all over so i can only imagine the state of the manifold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts