VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
i did mine today:eek: Ive been a diesel mechanic for the past 17years, i have a nice big tool box full of tools and it still took me 90mins to get it off:(.

best thing to use is a 6mm allen key socket, extention and suitable ratchet. Even with these you still have to work hard to get the tool on to the bolts on the manifold. If your doing a turbo conversion, just keep checking your 2.5 manifold and it will help you to find the bolts on your 2.4 manifold. If you have long fingers you may find it easier to locate those bolts.

good luck.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
When I did mine I used a small mirror to help find the bolts it's a pain to do there is no easy way around it

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi has anyone changed a inlet manifold on a 2.4d 1994, would love some tips, if there are any, on best way to go about it, anything would be of help, cheers guys T:
There is a thread i started (Search is your friend)

In syummary

1/4 inch socket set.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi has anyone changed a inlet manifold on a 2.4d 1994, would love some tips, if there are any, on best way to go about it, anything would be of help, cheers guys T:
There is a thread i started (Search is your friend)

In syummary

1/4 inch socket set.
There are holes in the top of the inlet manifold to help you locate bolts holding the manifold onto the head.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure how to help after your phone call today and can't understand why you've suddenly got so much water appearing to come from the inlet manifold, I'll have a think but maybe others could shed light on it. Make sure you light it up and have a good look for stuff before taking the manifold off but to see clearly I guess your going to have to remove it. The issue with this is the exhaust manifold is so close to the inlet. Awkward job to say the least.
Here is a picture of the back of the engine, not sure it's helpful but hey, there you go anyway.

http://katalog.meyermotoren.com/Artikelbilder/Original/Org_Item506900116.jpg

John.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure how to help after your phone call today and can't understand why you've suddenly got so much water appearing to come from the inlet manifold, I'll have a think but maybe others could shed light on it. Make sure you light it up and have a good look for stuff before taking the manifold off but to see clearly I guess your going to have to remove it. The issue with this is the exhaust manifold is so close to the inlet. Awkward job to say the least.
Here is a picture of the back of the engine, not sure it's helpful but hey, there you go anyway.

http://katalog.meyermotoren.com/Artikelbilder/Original/Org_Item506900116.jpg

John.
Hey John, thanks for that mate, thanks for talking to us, we eventually found the culprit,:) it was a hose directly below the inlet/exhaust manifold, even so that was a pain to get off, done it tho, but wont be able to get a replacement till thursday, VW only part, bloody £14 for 6" of hose.:( cheers again mate

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey John, thanks for that mate, thanks for talking to us, we eventually found the culprit,:) it was a hose directly below the inlet/exhaust manifold, even so that was a pain to get off, done it tho, but wont be able to get a replacement till thursday, VW only part, bloody £14 for 6" of hose.:( cheers again mate
Mate, I am so chuffed it was something simple, it didn't sound right that it could have been the head or the gasket so please you'll be running again with only a £14 part. Nice to see it's still got the shiny inlet manifold. :)

Happy dubbing.

John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts