VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my new unit from Eonon, to my suprise the unit has a good quality feel about it.

7E0 857 922 C 9B9 BIN ( Top tray) £14.78
7E0 857 237 D 9B9 TRIM ( Facia plate) £ 23.95
7E0 858 179 3X1 Cover I needed 6. £1.54x6

One of these is the rear window heater switch and the other one is the ASR(Anti-Slip Regulation)switch.
7E0 959 621 C REH £13.34
7E5 941 435 WHS £10.77

Now the tricky part will be fitting it. :cool:

·
Registered
607 Posts
i'm thinking of getting one of those, can you let me know what you think when shes all wired up and runing???*<:)>
looks a good bit of kit for the money !!!T:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Been using mine now for over 6 months they are exceptional for the money. Any help required I've fitted 3 or 4 of these into early band now .

·
Registered
607 Posts
mine wont be a problem as in its a gp5.1, but i was more intersted on how it works sat nav etc and sound quality before i "click but it now !!"LOL:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers wickedtintz.

Foxy I will do, I'll try to do a mini review of it once it's installed.
Saladtosser that's everything you need unless you have different switchs etc its wont be a direct fit so the dashboard will need some tweaking.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been pretty slow doing this because of Christmas tested out the fitment of the central facsia and it fits lovely next is the headunit and the switchs

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can you show us some more pics of what it looks like when it's fitted, thanks. Also can you fit a freeview box to this head unit?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks wickedtintz, the one I've seen is £250 without the dvb tuner. Any chance you could post a link to where I could get this with the dvb tuner please?!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up my one for £255 mine has no DVB you could get an adapter if you wanted to. I went for Eonon, just because I trusted there quality control more than any other Chinese brand but that's just me going for a label.
Today I had a bit to much fun hacking away at my dash it's nearly done but I may of hacked a little bit to much away. next step is to pop over to BNQ tomorrow and add in a small plastic bracket and it will fit beautifully, will get pictures tomorrow of my chop job and hopefully the unit all set up and working. I still need to wire the buttons but I'll do that last. :D

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Twines, Did you have to change the center air vents, as they are a different shape?:*

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
I picked up my one for £255 mine has no DVB you could get an adapter if you wanted to. I went for Eonon, just because I trusted there quality control more than any other Chinese brand but that's just me going for a label.
Today I had a bit to much fun hacking away at my dash it's nearly done but I may of hacked a little bit to much away. next step is to pop over to BNQ tomorrow and add in a small plastic bracket and it will fit beautifully, will get pictures tomorrow of my chop job and hopefully the unit all set up and working. I still need to wire the buttons but I'll do that last. :D
How's it all going dude, wanna see yours before I copy you:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Twines, Did you have to change the center air vents, as they are a different shape?:*
They are but I never changed mine. In the picture they are just the T5 air vents not the T5.1 as you don't really need to change them over.
Sorry guys I've been selling my old car today busy day for me!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
@Twines ....Have you taken the "nibs" off the front of the old stereo plastic surround yet?? You'll need to do this to let the new stereo fit back flush with the facia, I used a dremel and cutoff wheel.

And no it's not necessary to replace the vents, it's not noticeable but they do foul the tabs on the new stereo so they have to be "modified"...;)

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Fitted mine today.
Sounds 100% better than the old RCD200.T:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awesome stuff! I need to basically re wire my whole stereo the connections don't match. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow. I did a test fit today and it fitted just lovely
My poor chopped up dash, I basically cut away the top part and taken off the front nibs like wicked tints said.

Added in two screws this was to make the headunit sit flush.

Fitted tad-ah!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts