VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bidding on an item on ebay which someone was going to pick up for me but I have just realised that they won't accept paypal. I don't want to ask the person picking it up for me to pay cash so what are my options of getting payment instantly to the seller?
Collection will be within 24 hours of the end of the auction so it really will need to be instant.

·
Registered
683 Posts
or get a mate with paypal to pay for you, pay them back and buy them beer!!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to pay them cash but they are 200 miles away, T4 Tom is going to very kindly pick up the item and bring it to Beaulieu for me and I obviously can't expect him to pay up front on my behalf, just wondering if I can transfer money somehow, I suppose I would need the sellers bank details which if I was them wouldn't give out.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Online banks transfer should only take a few hours from your account to theirs

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
online is instant, and free dean... usually do it all the time, gotta pay relatives back for the van sumhow

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
it might be instant not sure if it turns up in their account on the same day, as i did a cash transfer when i bought the van. But then again it might be more to do with who you are banking with

actually its been changed since i last did a transfer and yep its now same day sorry for any confusion i might have caused lol

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trouble is I don't like asking for someones bank details, I wouldn't give mine out.
What details would I need to have from the seller?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What bank are you with,

If you are with HSBC or Halifax u can send the monies instantly to moi and I'll get the cash out.

It should only take a few hours if your with a diff bank due to the new faster payment system.

You have online backing yeh?

I'd happily pay for u and u pay me back but I don't actually have any money in my acccount I'm afraid

Doh!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
actually that said I have £30 here i gotta pay someone at the show so if its £30 or less then I can pay as long as you have the cash when I get there to give to him etc.

We'll sort something out T:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I thought one of the new rules of ebay are you have to accept paypal

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
I don't like asking for someones bank details, I wouldn't give mine out.
Hi,

Why not????

The only info you are giving out is the same as you would if you wrote or recieved a cheque!

Your name, sort code,account number,bank name,branch.

What's the problem with that???

Just my persective that's all.

Trev.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

Why not????

The only info you are giving out is the same as you would if you wrote or recieved a cheque!

Your name, sort code,account number,bank name,branch.

What's the problem with that???

Just my persective that's all.

Trev.

Yeah you're right I suppose

1 - 17 of 17 Posts