VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, planning to spend some time in LHD countries and thinking about exporting van from UK but for registration I need a correct headlights and instrument cluster with KM so looking for advise. I guess that it is simple with lights - just have to buy LHD pair and replace but what about instrument cluster? There are only miles on the clock, is there an easy way of adding km without replacing all the cluster? Thank you

·
Registered
358 Posts
Does you van not show kph on the display between the rev counter and speedo, I'm sure mine does in one of the display modes (I have a 2013 Trendline)

Might save you having to replace your speedo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does you van not show kph on the display between the rev counter and speedo, I'm sure mine does in one of the display modes (I have a 2013 Trendline)

Might save you having to replace your speedo.
Yes it is possible to switch mph to km/h but only in the middle MFD unfortunately it is not enough for registration/mot in countries where distance measured in km, I was thinking of replacing instrument cluster with one that have both km/h and mph around the speedo dial but it is need to be reprogrammed somehow so I guess easiest way would be just to put some sort of sticker under the glass of cluster with km, not sure if glass comes off easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts