VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Strange issue with my 2011 T5 the instument cluster when driving it makes a horrible squeaky creaking plasticy noise and when pressed with my hand it stops is there anything i can do to stop it or is it worth taking it in to the dealers or would they just laugh?

It is really getting to me now, cant take anymore

Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Dude! My 3 week old is the same . Driving me mental. Press the bottom of it and voila, if it continues I might try and get the trim off and take a look.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep exaclty the same as mine press the bottom of it and it stops, bit tricky on a 4 hour motorway journey keeping your hand there though.

I think its pretty bad to be fair my old van was an old vivaro with 150,000 miles up her and that didnt squeak

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Make sure that the "fix" is not a squirt of silicone spray ! - sure, it will stop the squeek for a while, but when it comes back it will do so with a vengance !

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Surley if they are 2011 modle vans you should get some help from VW i wouldn't mess with it too much at mo as they could say 'well you have been messing' it may be the screws securing it i had a slight squeak on mine but it's a couple of years older and i had the instruments out to put chrome rings in and since i put it back together no queak.
P.S while i had it out i put a little oil on the cogs where the little mouse is peddling for the speedo. Only joking guys hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
489 Posts
take it to the dealer. you paid the cash for a new van if they laugh at you ask to see the manager and complain

In my experience the VW dealer I use have taken fixing any faults very seriously and have been very helpful. I took in mine for a vibrating door card which they investigated and found an unsecured electrical connection block which they sorted

Good luck and post up what they do to fix it so as to help others if they come up against an unhelpful dealer i the future

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts