VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now set up for our trips, but I was wondering if my Caravelle would benefit from insulating behind the panels, or whether there is little point as we have windows all round and a pop top!

So - does anyone know if insulating the doors, SLDs (twin sliders) rear panels and tailgate will make any real difference? (I already have an insulated floor with the variotec rails fitted).

John R

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
We are now set up for our trips, but I was wondering if my Caravelle would benefit from insulating behind the panels, or whether there is little point as we have windows all round and a pop top!

So - does anyone know if insulating the doors, SLDs (twin sliders) rear panels and tailgate will make any real difference? (I already have an insulated floor with the variotec rails fitted).

John R
I've had my Velle done and the only real difference I've noticed so far is it's much quieter with the road noise and stuff. Not slept in it yet so soz, but can't help there. x

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Did mine with space blankets and thermal bubble in the headliner years ago and have done loads of trips all nice and snug T:T: You probably wont be able to do the headlining on yours very easilly if you have roof vents/blowers, mine is the basic early cl-d andt it hasn't got any.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

John R
Hello John,

How's the family?

I've been thinking about this myself so will be watching with interest. I still don't know how to get the panels off!!:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts