VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm insulating like mad over the next few days. From browsing the forum i'm doing a layer of thermawrap, that celotex stuff followed by another layer of thermawrap and all sealed with the foil tape. Is this a good way to do it?

Also the main thing i need to know is what thickness of celotex board should i be using? Bought 50mm thick at the moment but haven't got that far yet so can always take it back if its too thick.

Many thanks,
Markus :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm doing mine the same way as you with regards to the kingspan stuff think it's 25mm for the top and 50mm for bottom

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
just keep in mind that its dead air pockets that insulate , not the ammount of stuff you can ram into crevices ect . a few layers of dead air space is better than a complete space rammed with wool for instance T:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,also insulating mine with the same stuff,thermo wrap and celotex but does anyone know where i can get the foil tape from? Cant find it anywhere..cheers all..A:A:

·
Registered
181 Posts
you can pick it up from screwifx and toolstation im sure
i have seen people seal the edges of celotex with masking tape before and they seem to know what they were doing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts