VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Were wanting to get some sort of insulation of our Reimo pop top roof, when I had a Bongo I made a fleece lining for the inside from a pattern off the Bongo Forum. It was really handy as it collapsed inside the roof without having to put it outside etc. Not maybe as effective as the Thermal screens you can buy, but was really quick.

I've found this posh one, http://www.campervantastic.com/product.php?prod=398 thats for a California pop top, anyone know if this fits the Reimo LWB ?

OR, anyone seen a pattern for making your own ?

Cheers.

·
Special Rapporteur
10,058 Posts
I always thought that Brandrup products were stupidly ridiculously expensive, and then I saw the price of that...

Last year I saw a continental van (Dutch or German, I think) with a Reimo roof, to which they fitted an external cover at night. I'm fairly sure it just wrapped round the outside and velcro'd at one end, and looked really neat. Unfortunately I've no idea who made it, but it certainly didn't look homemade, so they must be available.

My limited experience of Reimo roofs is that they can be quite difficult to put down (especially in high winds) without trapping material in the outside seal, so I doubt you would want an internal thermal screen involved at the same time, so I suspect whateve you get will need to be removed before the roof is put down, unlike your Bongo...

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Holy sh*t batman that is one pricey internal screen! I think I would prefer an outside one as it would stop the canvas from getting wet. Try Darren from Rainbow Screens.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's because its gortex I think - waterproof and breathable. Much like canvas.

Better of with external silver insulation type I think. You can home make them if skint.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went for a pucerscreens thermal screen, does a great job of insulating, sound proofing and waterproofing my SCA roof. Takes less than 5 mins to put up and less to take down. I wouldn't be without it especially in cold wet weather as it protects the canvas and a big plus is you don't have the ball ache of drying out when you get home.

http://www.darenpucerscreens.co.uk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts