VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :),
I've jus bought an awesome T5 & I will be road tripping to the mountains in europe (in winter) so I kinda need it to be well insulated against the cold! does anyone have any suggestions on what to use, or if they have done the same thing??
thx T:
i'll add before, during & after photos of T5 as it progresses
can't wait to mod this baby!!:ILU:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
buy yourself an erberspacher mate :ILU: :ILU:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, have you, or do you know anyone whos have used one of these EBERSPACHER things? do they tap into the diesel?
T:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
cheers guys, have you, or do you know anyone whos have used one of these EBERSPACHER things? do they tap into the diesel?
T:
i have one ,quite a few people have them,
i got a re-con one for 350 and is quite possibly the best 350 i spent on the van
all it requires is a 12volt feed and a supply of diesel weather it be from your vans diesel tank or its own

it blows hot air out ,if you fit one make sure you fit the pump outside (they click as they supply) after 20mins in scotland in march in an unfinished van this year i had to turn it off they are the dogs and one of the best tings is the timer gizzmo you can set it to come on every day a 6am and get into a toasty warm van half hour later

there are other things like propex and webasto stuff but i dont know anyone that has used a erbaspacher that said they wouldnt use one again

ps the spelling of erbaspacher may well be wrong

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
there are other things like propex and webasto stuff but i dont know anyone that has used a erbaspacher that said they wouldnt use one again
its eberspacher night!! LOL:

I know a lot of people who swear by webasto myself included, and would always go this route for a blown air diesel heater.

Got a propex in my van which is brilliant, personally for a van thats what I would have but its all about personal choice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi mate
insulate the top of the bed base with some hi quality insulation and buy the best sleeping bag you can afford . I use a fleece inner and a mummy stye sleepng bag in the winter and then either of the 2 in the summer.
If your heater breaks you will still be warm .
Oh and wear a hat if its really bad .

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just chatting to my mate in work and he pointed out that the windows will be a big source of heat loss so maybe make some insulated covers for the windows and make up a therma wrap curtain to block off the drivers area at night and concentrate the heat in the sleeping area . Don't for get youll still need some ventilation to avoid condensation .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts