VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just scored a roll of TLX silver multifoil (10m x 1.2m) for £30, has anyone tried this and can anyone give any advice on how best to fit and use?
Cheers Andrew

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Ive used the 10 layer multifoil (which i borrowed from a site was working on), was left outside in the rain, so i rescued it.
I just cut it to the required shapes needed and then gaffer taped the cut ends up. was too thick to go in the roof lining so just used radiator bubble foil for that area.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looking at this stuff means you can use it by itself no need to kinspan/ bubble foil etc. How much will i need to do the walls of the van(only got one side window in)? Looks expensive thought at nearly 100 a roll

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so its all in, now boarded and carpeted in. Used about 3/4 of the roll, roof, tailgate with window, walls (-2x sidewindows)and in sliding door. Easy and clean to cut and shape, + thin strips easy to push/pull into all the tight places.
Very quiet and hopefully very warm.
Got enough reflective TLX foil left to use outer skin as part of my magentic window blinds, ...next project....
Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts