VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to start side windows, insulation and carpeting.

I bought some recycled bottle stuff intending to use this for all my insulation.

I now notice some of you are using the Foil Bubble stuff but don’t see the advantages. Will I be OK just using the Recycled bottle stuff for under floor, walls, ceiling? I’m not intending to make a full conversion, it’s just gonna be carpeted out with a bed and maybe a sink unit with fridge.

Any advice will be accepted gladly, cheers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I too am doing the above this weekend, I opted for the foiled bubble wrap, purely because I work on a building site and it was free, and I've heard there is less condensation hanging around using this method, I can't be 100% sure whether it's true but time will tell i guess. A lot of people use both, so if it's not enough, I'll add something else at a later date

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have just done mine, and by what most members have said, I have done first layer with foil sided bubble wrap, then plastic recycled bottle insulation then finishing layer of foiled bubble wrap. Then panels then carpet.T:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have just done mine, and by what most members have said, I have done first layer with foil sided bubble wrap, then plastic recycled bottle insulation then finishing layer of foiled bubble wrap. Then panels then carpet.T:
What he says^^^^

Take a look through my build thread, ive just finished mine and can assure you... Its toastie in there now. let alone when summer comes.T:I:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m about to start side windows, insulation and carpeting.

I bought some recycled bottle stuff intending to use this for all my insulation.

I now notice some of you are using the Foil Bubble stuff but don’t see the advantages. Will I be OK just using the Recycled bottle stuff for under floor, walls, ceiling? I’m not intending to make a full conversion, it’s just gonna be carpeted out with a bed and maybe a sink unit with fridge.

Any advice will be accepted gladly, cheers.
Thanks for your responses fellas,
If I used only Recycled Bottle stuff all through the van, would there be any disadvantages do you think?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for your responses fellas,
If I used only Recycled Bottle stuff all through the van, would there be any disadvantages do you think?
Is it worth skimping for the sake of 3 or 4 rolls of thermowrap @ £12 a roll from B&Q, sure makes job so much easier, last layer of thermowrap acts as a pocket to stop recycled wool falling out and makes for a good tight seal!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.