VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have recently got my self a T5 Kombi and decided the first job is to carpet it out and put a bit of insulation in.

Don't think i will ever convert it to a full camper but may stay in it at some point just on an air bed so a bit of insulation would be nice and also to but down on the road noise.

I have been reading through the forum and there is just so much information to take in.

I am keen to cut down on road noise, and many people mention using flash band is it worth it? And then where? Just the wheel arches or side panels also?

As for the insulation will i be ok to just use the insulation megavanmats sell? ( http://www.megavanmats.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2494468 ) or should i be using that with the silver foil insulation?

How has people got on carpeting the standard plastic side panels or should i replace these with ply?

Cheers

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have used the type of insulation that Megavanmats sell in a previous T4 and my current T5 and have found it works very well. It's what Reimo agents Conceptmulticar use in their conversions and if it's good enough for them then T: It works well as both a sound deadener and insulator. You will have to use something thinner for insulating under the floor but this stuff is good for everywhere else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts