VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you put silver bubblewrap on both sides of the celotex when insulating the sides, or just put the celotex in the silver bubblewrap over it?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi bud.

When i done mine i just used celotex, the thick, and thin one.

I used the thermo bubble wrap for the roof only.

Had no probs with it, nice and warm etc.

Steve W....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just worried about it getting a bit cold thats all, some people put it on both sides for a bit of sound proofing

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I guess if you want to make it even warmer, wack it in there bud.

Is not going to do any harm im sure.

Steve W....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I insulated mine with recycled plastic bottle loft insulation. It is plastic so doesn't itch, not dusty. You can tear it to thickness and also you can stuff it in all the nooks and cranys. Celotex even though very high insulation value, is expensive and hard to use in a tight space i would guess. I got mine from B qnd Q 3 or 4 rolls should co it. Cheep too. well toastie.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Money saving tip - get down to your local Travis Perkins, and see if they have any 'damaged' Celotex sheets. My local one had loads, and they let me have it for nowt! You're going to chop it up anyway!

I'm using a combination of double-sided thermal wrap (stuck to the outer walls, and all beams), then Celotex sheets cut to fit, and the recycled bottle stuff (yes it looks just like normal loft insulation, only its green, and it doesnt itch at all!) stuffed in every nook and cranny and all the beams and every possible location!

I'nm then covering the whole lot with another layer of the thermal wrap stuff.

I've a load of pics in another thread here if you;re interested. Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot, after going through a stupid amount of posts think im going to go with a combination, use celotex where i can then use the recycled bottle stuff where i cant get the celotex

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
You're only in Portsmouth - I'm going to have spare - I've got a couple of FAT 10CM sheets of Celotex that I dont think I'm going to use - Pretty much full sheets. Why not drive down to me in Ferndown, Dorset - They're yours if you wanna take them away I reckon you can count on at least a sheet and a half!

Let me know.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You're only in Portsmouth - I'm going to have spare - I've got a couple of FAT 10CM sheets of Celotex that I dont think I'm going to use - Pretty much full sheets. Why not drive down to me in Ferndown, Dorset - They're yours if you wanna take them away I reckon you can count on at least a sheet and a half!

Let me know.
If the other guy doesn't want them, then i need some. :ILU:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as much as i really would love to im not in the country at the mo so if the other lad can make it to yours, very nice of you though, thanks for the offer

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you put silver bubblewrap on both sides of the celotex when insulating the sides, or just put the celotex in the silver bubblewrap over it?
So what was the verdict i also have got the celotex stuff and bubble wrap and was wondering if it was best to go with :-
glue bubble-wrap to the roof then staple bubblewrap to the back of the carpeted ply roof panel..
and for the side panels cut the celotex to shape slideing behind the panels where you can, till flush with where the ply is to go,then cover the rear of the ply panel with bubblewrap and screw into place.
Does this seem the right idea?
cheers and thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im just going to go for one layer of bubble wrap on the roof,celotex straight in the gaps on the side, fill in the spaces with recycled bottle stuff then bubble wrap to funish before the ply

1 - 14 of 14 Posts