VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody.

Been a while since I last posted on here, my T4 is a distant memory!

Anyway, I have unfinished T4 business so I'm looking to get back into the scene with another T4. This time however it'll be a 2nd vehicle leaving my Passat as a daily.

What I'm wondering is, how do people handle insuring a second vehicle? Is it a completely separate policy whereby I'd basically start again with no NCB? My worries are that this might be very expensive knowing what insurance prices are like (even though I am 36 with a full NCB and because it's a second vehicle I'll be limiting the mileage).

How do you stand with camper conversions also? On my last T4 I remember having a bit of a game with trying to insure it as it was going to be a slow burner of job due to budget etc. so therefore it had to have Commercial insurance. Not sure if a lot of this was down to my own naivety!

I'd be interested to hear what my options are, especially considering Transporters are so popular with the leisure crowd!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
yes i had a car and a camper both had to go on separate policies with separate ncd's,a good company like brentacre you just let them know the mods as you do it.maybe a limited mileage ?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Hey everybody.

Been a while since I last posted on here, my T4 is a distant memory!

Anyway, I have unfinished T4 business so I'm looking to get back into the scene with another T4. This time however it'll be a 2nd vehicle leaving my Passat as a daily.

What I'm wondering is, how do people handle insuring a second vehicle? Is it a completely separate policy whereby I'd basically start again with no NCB? My worries are that this might be very expensive knowing what insurance prices are like (even though I am 36 with a full NCB and because it's a second vehicle I'll be limiting the mileage).

How do you stand with camper conversions also? On my last T4 I remember having a bit of a game with trying to insure it as it was going to be a slow burner of job due to budget etc. so therefore it had to have Commercial insurance. Not sure if a lot of this was down to my own naivety!

I'd be interested to hear what my options are, especially considering Transporters are so popular with the leisure crowd!

Cheers

Good morning,

If you want to PM me your name and number then I am happy to call you and discuss options.

We have great schemes and I am sure I can help.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879910

865 Posts
Hi,

Welcome back to the forum :D

I'm sure we can offer a policy to cover you. We can mirror NCB and also offer camper in conversion policies which will give you the whole year to convert it.

If you want to PM me your details I can arrange for our quotes team to give you a call for a chat.

Kind regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Dan,

What do you mean by Mirror NCB, I have my van with Adrian Flux and whilst it wasn't a bad price, I am sure that they said that I couldn't have any NCB as I also have a car which has my NCB. I have since moved my car to Adrian Flux as well.

Are you really saying that I should be able to have my full NCB on both vehicles.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts