VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my renewal... 2003 2.5 £189 plus £21 NCDP which I'm ok with BUT..........£316 for European breakdown??
Ok so I know it's a 16 year old vehicle but this is taking the pee pee.
And it's gone up nearly 10% overall.
Who are folks using for breakdown cover and is there a way of getting cover for just two journeys a year?
Ta.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I currently use Green Flag for my 99 plate Velle which I've took recovery plus cover at £107 annual (thankfully never used them ).
They Also do a Euro plus option too which gives you 90 days European cover.
I have had combined insurance/breakdown cover in the past also but its usually the very basic cover and you end up paying more that taking two separate policies.
Worth having a look to see if it suits your needs?.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I currently use Green Flag for my 99 plate Velle which I've took recovery plus cover at £107 annual (thankfully never used them ).
They Also do a Euro plus option too which gives you 90 days European cover.
I have had combined insurance/breakdown cover in the past also but its usually the very basic cover and you end up paying more that taking two separate policies.
Worth having a look to see if it suits your needs?.
That looks pretty good Smudger (y)
I might just take a look myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a nationwide flex plus account which gives full european cover for up to two vehicles without age restrictions for £13 per month.
Other benefits are mobile phone and travel insurance.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got Green Flag through Direct Line, when I try to do it independently it won't allow a 16 year old van

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a nationwide flex plus account which gives full european cover for up to two vehicles without age restrictions for £13 per month.
Other benefits are mobile phone and travel insurance.
That looks like a good option, I'm calling them now (y)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going with the Nationwide account.
No age limit on vehicle however they will take the market value into consideration but as I have three options of leaving the van in France not worried about repatriation just roadside/onward to garage etc.
AND.... if you get a friend to recommend you who has an account already, £100 each!!
So, that's my steering rack, ball joints and a couple of tyres paid for thanks to this forum (again) ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts