VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Looks like we have finally found our T4 (fingers crossed)

The problem i've got is insurance now - stupidly, it didn't really occur to me that i couldn't get run of the mill insurance.

My confusion is, I have a dodge nitro vehicle already that me and hubby are insured on with 11 years no claims for me and thats up for renewal soon.

I've had a quick scoot for quotes for the T4 as it would be no no claims (because they'll be against the dodge) with a husband thats passed his test less than a year - the quotes have been pretttyyyy high

So, now i'm wondering if I should take my 11 years no claims and apply them against the T4 or leave it as it is.

Perhaps i should accept that whatever way i go its going to cost me a fortune :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone - I'll give NFU a call initially and see what they can do :)

The renewal is up for the Dodge in a few weeks so i'd rather than them in the same place if poss - might be an incentive for someone to give me a better deal i guess :)

Carol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gees, nothing is ever simple!

NFu are telling me that I can't use the NC's on 2 vehicles so its either oen or the other plus, they want to know how much the van weighs fully laden - i have no clue :*

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
gees, nothing is ever simple!

NFu are telling me that I can't use the NC's on 2 vehicles so its either oen or the other plus, they want to know how much the van weighs fully laden - i have no clue :*
They are talking about it's gross weight. If it's a 1200 panel van its gross weight would be 2.8ton.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crikey - never ever again am I sorting out this insurance, the old man can do it :)

The people we are buying the T4 from have put this on an email Transporter Caravelle CL 1993

We still have it insured as a mini bus under Liverpool Victoria and this costs us about 300 per year.

Does this sound right?, im not sure if a mini bus is the right thing to say or not?

This is the vehicle that we've bought :) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330542192570&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
first thing id do is contact dvla and see if you can get the log book changed to a campervan, then try all the insurance companys to see what they can do. if dvla wont change it to camper your still gonna have to declare all the camper stuff to your insurance. it defo aint a minibus and saying it is will void your insurance.

adrian flux
hic
brentcare (i think)

there will be more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank god! got it sorted with the help of Adrian Flux

£530 fully comp including breakdown cover - sorted :)

Picking the van up tomorrow - I can flipping wait!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts