VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a great holiday travelling down through France, on our way home we had an accident. After lots of hassle my insurance company are now trying to get out of paying as they are saying that my van is not insured as a camper. I have not done any structural change just built cupboards and seat that pulls out into a bed. Has anyone else had similar problems and could give me any advice on the situation, any help would be greatful.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I think (and it would be worth checking) that VOSA call something a camper that has a fixed sink and cooker... if yours has neither (just cupboards and bed) then it's something to read up on...

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I'm sorry to put a damper on it - but did you tell your insurers that you'd fitted those cupboards and 'bed seat'??

If not, then you will be amazingly lucky if they pay out - regardless of what VOSA say.

ANY modifications to a vehicle - even the most trivial of changes - will give your insurers a 'get out' clause UNLESS YOU'VE INFORMED THEM - and most will use even the smallest excuse to save paying out.....

:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts