VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm looking to rent my t4 out to a number of friends this Summer, but instead of manually adding on each named driver every time to the insurance policy, is there a particular company or method that will provide cover for them without being a named driver as such? (assuming they're not 3rd party either).

Been ringing up numerous companies but none seem to provide this sort of cover.:cry:

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Be careful, as adding people to your policy may not cover them. Most policies used to exclude cover if the vehicle is let out for hire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful, as adding people to your policy may not cover them. Most policies used to exclude cover if the vehicle is let out for hire.
Thanks - I've came across Alan Boswell Group which seem to provide the cover I'm looking so I'll enquire with them!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Worth checking dayinsure, they offer daily insurance on campers, they even cover people with non-uk licences (how I know and have used them). Would be daily insurance for the renters, not linked to your policy. No idea if it covers rentals (as per Poffer could be an issue)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The other place you can check is campervan rental sites. Some of them were offering rental insurance at times or guidance on where to fnd it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Worth checking dayinsure, they offer daily insurance on campers, they even cover people with non-uk licences (how I know and have used them). Would be daily insurance for the renters, not linked to your policy. No idea if it covers rentals (as per Poffer could be an issue)
Ah that sounds promising, I'll check them out and see what they say. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts