VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you guys describe your van for insurance purposes?

My last van was an out and out camper, complete with pop top, so no problems there.

My current van, has all the required elements of a camper with the exception of the pop top, so is insured as a camper.

I am currently trying to get insurance on another van and I am having a nightmare. Following my last van going missing and my current van getting bashed in the rear last week. Insurance quotes have gone through the roof.

The van I am currently working on is a SWB T4, converted to a disabled bus. Windows all round, ramp, unwin rails for fixing wheelchairs and two additional seats in rear.

Plans are to rip out all the interior and fit a multivan bed and small kitchen pod.

How do I describe it. Is it a van, is it a window van, is it a dayvan, what is it for insurance purposes? It doesn't have all the required bit to be called a campervan. It will be more like a Caravelle or Multivan, but made from a standard panel van.

How have you guys who have similar set ups, described you van to insurers.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
insure it as whatever its shown as on log book.
once conversion is complete,send pics/logbook and covering letter to dvla stating its now converted to camper,they will return new logbook with details changed to motorcaravan.there is a thread on here stating whats needed to be classed as camper
this is what i did for mineT:

·
Registered
647 Posts
try brentrche insurance ,they say any mods and are really good but you cant drive any other vehicals third party only like you can with normal insurance T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts