VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
insurance renewal comes in £800 + plus for my 9 seat caravelle.Ring up said insurance company to complain about price and they said if you had cheaper prove it.At the end of the day your the insurance company wanting business and you want me to prove you with cheaper quotes.So what I am getting at is who you with and are they any good?Remember this is a caravelle so camper insurance is no good thanks in advance :) moan over

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I Never stay with same insurance each year, so always go through moneysaving websites, and usually through 'Cashback' site...this year I am with Quickfit(same as last year, but different name(aegas) cost £97..but with £40 cashback down to £57...I have a Caravelle, like you, but of course it depends on your circumstances, age, ncd, insurance history etc..always add extra drivers:)

Hope some of this helps..or perhaps you already do all this, anyway good luck with your renewal..and don't forget they are all desperate to get you to renew with them..T:

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
You have to shop around every year for the best quotes my kid brother has an 8 seater carravelle £480 fully comp T:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
thanks for the reply would you mind me asking who with?
moneysavingexpert.com is a good one, an cashback site Topcashback. is who I go with..:)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is your Caravelle modified in any way?.

I could have insured my 2.5 TDI, 9 seater Caravelle, fully comp for around £575 if it hadn't been modified. With modifications many of the mainstream insurance companies don't want to know or offer you such high prices that you will go elsewhere.

By shopping around and haggling a little I managed to get it insured with up to 8 seats for £525 including mods.

As mentioned anything over 7 or 8 seats and your premiums will go up.

Mods include:-

Decat. and EGR Valve cleaned and Blanked.
Remap.
Alloy Wheels.
Winter Tyres when necessary.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Hi Grace, try "Neil at Greenlight", "Dan at A-Plan" and "gary at Brentacre" Allways been good for me T:

·
Registered
591 Posts
9 seater Caravelle 1994 2.4d 8000 miles a year = £212 fully comp guaranteed N/C . Give LV a go. They are always there or there about on renewal as well. you'll have to join the CSMA about £15 a year

·
Registered
606 Posts
9 seater Caravelle 1994 2.4d 8000 miles a year = £212 fully comp guaranteed N/C

That sounds very reasonable indeed for a 9 seater.

I take it that your Caravelle has not been modified.

Well done in finding a bargain price for your insurance.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That sounds very reasonable indeed for a 9 seater.

I take it that your Caravelle has not been modified.

Well done in finding a bargain price for your insurance.

I've got a 94 Bilbo conversion insured with them for £25 a year more (£237) They were much better at customer service when it was Frizzel's, sadly they got brought out a few years back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you everyone for your replies yes the killer words in my insurance quotes are 9 seats and modified.

right so just to update you the only two I could get quotes from due to them only taking 9 seats were Adrian flux (already with)also no mention of a forum discount on my paperwork as advertised on here and A plan.Rang HIC and they wouldn't quote me cos of there sis company Adrian Flux had already given me a quote and wouldn't compete with them so waste of a phone call.However had a good quote from A plan so possibly sending my business that way.will update you when the deed has been done :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts