VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on my predicament.....

Basically in september i had a low speed collision with a rover 25, i was slowly approaching a junction to turn right when the other vehicle reversed out of a drive in to the side of the van, hitting the passenger side door, side loader and rear quarter. The woman driving admitted liability at the scene and agreed to pay for the repair.

I had got three quotes from garages ive had work done at in the past, varying from 1000 to 1250, the 3rd party didnt want to pay this so we went through the insurance. The claim was passed to elite accident management. it took them 3 weeks to send an engineer, who was also the guy who owned the body shop that would do the work. By this time, the sideloader and quarter had surface rust on them, when i asked what he would do with this he replied ''its only an old van''. I was suitably p*****d off with him. A few days later elite phoned to say they would be collecting the van to repair it, i stated i wanted it to be repaired at vw due to the rust coming and argued i wanted the doors replacing as they didnt have filler or rust prior to to the accident.

3 months later im at the end of my tether! im no further on what so ever. i spoke to ageas yesterday (the 3rd parties insurer), they have given me the following options, Let their garage repair the van, accept 650 cash in lieu, get an independent inspection (because i want the door replacing and 2 'engineers' say they can be repaired) or claim off my insurance and let them sort it.

All i want is my van fixing!!!!!!!! i dont know where to go from here. it is an old van but its really tidy, its only done 80k and never been a builders van.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

cheers, gaz.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hhhmmmm I'm feeling for you buddie. But personly I would go through MY insurence and get them to sort out re claiming the money of the other party. They will work more in your favour and I know when I had a shunt I got to choose where it went. The other partys insurance kept calling me to let them sort it but I did not like the fact They seemed to desperate to repair my car in a garage of their choice and not mine ,so I felt happier going through my own insurance. You have to declare any claims anyway when renewing so by bypassing your insurance won't keep your claims history clean.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply!

Going through my insurance was a last resort, didnt fancy tipping up the excess when i was not blame... I hear what your saying though, im sick of talking to people that think im crazy for wanting my 'old van' repairing as she deserves!:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply!

Going through my insurance was a last resort, didnt fancy tipping up the excess when i was not blame... I hear what your saying though, im sick of talking to people that think im crazy for wanting my 'old van' repairing as she deserves!:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts