VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guy. I have tried insuring my van with everyone who has quoted me in the past, but no-one gets even close to being below £300 for fully ccmp. I am 41, have a clean licence with just a glass claim in the last 5 years, but I can't seem to get sensible insurance on my 1995 1.9D T4. We live in sunny Shrshire and use the van ffor SDP& Commuting. The main problem seem to be the VAG alloys it has fitted. :(

Any suggestions?

I was with JustKampers last year, but they didn't even offer me a renewal and there's no-one in today.:confused:

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
I wasnt happy with the renewal quote HIC offered me last year. So i told them so and got 20% off.
Try refusing the quote say you will go elsewhere, there is always someone with the authority to offer discount.

Thanks

P

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I wasnt happy with the renewal quote HIC offered me last year. So i told them so and got 20% off.
Try refusing the quote say you will go elsewhere, there is always someone with the authority to offer discount.

Thanks

P
im with hic and done the same as paul,i am 40 and have always had company vehicles so have never had my own insurance in the past,i could have got a letter from previous employers stating been on company policy for 12 years with no accidents but company had closed :(
so it was a fresh start for me,some companys classed me the same as a new driver just passed test,my van is an 02 2,5tdi with alloys,windows,camper conversion £244 fully comp T:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, in the end I have gone with Autonet (Fortis) who offered me full cover with only a £150 excess (including my voluntary contribution) for £253. It includes unlimited audio cover, unlimited windscreens (£60 excess). Pretty happy with that.

Goes to show, don't look for insurance on the usual car websites, google van insurance and you're away.

(PS - HIC were shut and I needed to sort it today)

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
Dont forget you have 14 days to change your mind. So if you find a cheaper deal tomorrow you can swap.T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts