VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody used Dial Direct recently ?
Are they worth a punt ?
180 bhp Kombi with legal cover and full UK and EU breakdown cover via the RAC £358
Who do you use ?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Adrian Flux but been waiting for 3 days and nothing back yet !!!!!

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,521 Posts
If you're waiting for an email from Adrian Flux you may find hell will freeze over first, I've insured with them for 5 years but their emails often don't arrive and I have to chase them up & get it sent again. I don't think I've ever spoken to the same person twice let alone the mythical 'Dan'.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I renewed this year with Adrian Flux for £263 - had quotes from A-Plan and Brentacre who both quoted in the same ballpark to AF. Also tried to get a quote from the Caravan and Motorhome Club but either they wouldn't quote due to the age/mods or were crazy expensive - I can't remember!

Vehicle is a professionally converted 2005 T5 1.9 and I declared a T5.1 facelift and aftermarket ICE. Mileage limited to 6K PA. Vehicle parked on the street.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which is why I went with SKY Insurance who are underwritten by Ageas. 👌🏻
Adrian Flux £415 plus £96 for Breakdown
Caravan and comping club £630
Just looked again at the policy from Dial Direct and as its a van insurance although a Kombi it doesn't allow me to drive and other vehicle on it, is this the same on all van policies.
Ill see what Sky comes back with. Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’ll see what Sky comes back with. Cheers
2014 T5.1 T30 Highline DSG T140 TDi
Fully Comp for under £350 inc. legal cover, windscreen AND my daughter added as named driver!! They’re underwritten by a proper company and not a ‘mickey mouse’ firm who’ll try and wriggle out of paying...
Extensive named mods inc. Pop-top roof & bed, lowered and widened suspension & fully glazed all round, etc. £25,000 value.
Definitely worth a phone call. 👍🏻🚐🇬🇧

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apparently because my wife works self employed and is a named driver it pushes the price up.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Insurance is such a minefield, mines around £600 for each van - I can only drive one at a time 🤷🏻. They should insure the driver not the vehicle and make it more transparent when/why they load your policy for no obvious reason (30+ years motoring claim free🤞🏻)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got my renewal for Autosleeper Topaz on a T5, £215 with full European cover from Co-op. Get European breakdown cover for car and van, worldwide travel cover and phone insurance for £13 per month with nationwide current account.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A Plan for me, lovely people to deal with and best price I could get after a fair bit of shopping around.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've gone with Aviva £320 all singing and dancing cover but not recovery. I have how ever gone for a joint all singing and dancing recovery etc with Aviva/RAC for £105 and this covers me and my daughter within 2 vehicle .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Currently using Adrian flux as they give a camper conversion cover, if you dont complete the conversion within the year it just rolls on, dont need to instruct them whenever theres a stage of the conversion completed either, very handy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts