VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and girls)
Am just seeing what other peeps have done, and any advice you have.

Currently have buisness van insurance with van insured as just a panel van. Only has 2 seats in front.

In new year will semi-convert.
Insulate, carpet, add a 3/4 r+r bed with seatbelts into back.
And some cupboards along side.
There will be NO water/electric/gas...etc

Where do i stand with this? Tried discussing with current insurers but they won't cover it anymore and fob me off to someone else.
Other companies (including flux) won't insure me as its not a full blown conversion.
So i'm not sure what to do or who to speak to. :*
Current insurance is £250, full camper insurance is £800+ which is ridiculous.

Van will be used as wkend camper, occasioanl surf trip into europe.

What have other people done?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Can you not just add the water/gas/electric bits needed to make it a full conversion? The costs need not be that high to do that and you'll save in the long run.

Hey guys (and girls)
Am just seeing what other peeps have done, and any advice you have.

Currently have buisness van insurance with van insured as just a panel van. Only has 2 seats in front.

In new year will semi-convert.
Insulate, carpet, add a 3/4 r+r bed with seatbelts into back.
And some cupboards along side.
There will be NO water/electric/gas...etc

Where do i stand with this? Tried discussing with current insurers but they won't cover it anymore and fob me off to someone else.
Other companies (including flux) won't insure me as its not a full blown conversion.
So i'm not sure what to do or who to speak to. :*
Current insurance is £250, full camper insurance is £800+ which is ridiculous.

Van will be used as wkend camper, occasioanl surf trip into europe.

What have other people done?

Cheers

·
Registered
448 Posts
^^^^ what he said. I'm with Brentacre and they couldn't be more helpfull. The policy they will put you on is a modified vehicle policy. All you do is phone them up each time you add something new to the van(no cost). Premiums are decent aswell. Been with them over 10years now and won't change.
01792 650933

Best part is no modification will be turned down:D As long as it's safeT:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, cheers for the advice. Phoned HIC today. They can do it, for not much £more either T: Will phone Brentacre after xmas.

Also read millions of threads on insurance, after finally finding them.
Couldn't work out why i couldn't find many, then realised i had mis-splet 'insurance'. Doh!! :eek:

·
Registered
397 Posts
My caravelle conversion is insured with Privalidge insureance as a camper. They stipulated that I need a stove, bed, table. I did the conversion and set pictures they were more than happy and were very helpfull. It's a 2.5 petrol with PG again no problem. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
indeedy, I used HIC, I havent used anyone else so I cant say if they are good or bad but what I do know is HIS are really good T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.