VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
102 Posts
Marlow,

You're a Gentleman and a Scholar. Thanks for the heads up on Forum Etiquette, this is duly noted and I shall be ever more vigilant with future postings.

Keep an eye out though, I may make a mistake in future! Rasp:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I'm with NFU, you phone, you tell them the value, that's it.

Lost a horse a few years ago, insured it for a figure, told them I'd actually payed less in the end(after losing him)?

NFU: what did you insure horse for?

Me: this amount

NFU: So that's what we'll give you

Me: But I only payed x amount in the end after some health issues?

NFU: But you insured x for this

NFU: The money is now in your account

Me: Oh, erm not sure what to say

If you want to pay more for a no bull insurance quote that will actually cover you, all these other s off.

Finally: tell me about claiming on you're current policy, it may be cheap, but you''ll get rung through rings if something happens!

Edit: had to edit it

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
In the Republic of Ireland, there is only one campervan insurance that will do vans without the standing height and that is the Motorcaravan club of Ireland. They will require their own engineer to inspect the van, to insure, that it's a good quality conversion and not just a removable box in the boot.

So it would be best, if you engage with them, as to their requirements.

If you have a high top or pop top, there are lots of choices. Dolmen, Stuarts, Autoline and a good few more.

/M
Hello Marlow,

What is the show season like over in Ireland?.

Have had some awesome times in Cork and Dublin and would love to spend a bit of time with the van in Ireland .

Obviously not for business but to enjoy a road trip and meet some new fellow enthusiasts.

Dan

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
What is the show season like over in Ireland?.
There is no camper shows as such, but there are festivals and there are car shows with a small subset of campers.

https://www.vantastival.com/ - that's the nearest you get to something like Busfest or Camperjam

And then there is a good mix of carshows, both north and south.

/M

21 - 25 of 25 Posts