VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been meaning to do this for a while, seen loads of threads saying "I use these they are great" and the "who's the cheapest" etc so thought I'd compile a list of people to ring around at renewal on this first post.

Now, be forewarned I will be moderating this thread of any chat and negative press about insurance companies so please don't be offended if it gets deleted T: if your not happy with your current insurer then please refrain from posting then we (in theory) only get recommended companies.

All I need is a name of who your insured with T:

If you wanna add any further detail to your post like:
I'm xx yrs old with this much no claims and have got this transporter for people reading through the thread then carry on T:

Ive got a 1999 2.5tdi Velle, 35yrs old and I'm with 2gether insurance, 7 years ncb (protected), declared mods (lowered, remotec alloys, 3" sidebars, blanked egr, allard power pipe, induction kit) insured to drive any car 8000 miles per year and pay £400.

LIST
2gether insurance
Adrian Flux / Just Kampers / HIC / Volksworld
Gladiator (commercial)
Brentacre
Octagon
Directline

·
Registered
867 Posts
gladiator as mine is mainly commercial use, been with them a couple of years now and all ok so far T:

·
Registered
317 Posts
With Brentacre but have rung around a little bit this year.
1997 panel van with windows, bed and alloys, not full camper conversion. Age 34, no claims 1 yr no claims as have been on someone else's policy as second driver for years. Paying over £600 third party fire and theft.

• 2gether – Must be under 3,000 / 4,000 miles p.a. (Can’t remember which), otherwise it would have to be on commercial insurance.

• Glynwood – Must be a second vehicle

• Adrian Flux – As I’m not a full camper as per DVLA they could offer commercial insurance only. If I converted to a camper, it would be cheaper but I wouldn’t build up any no claims.
• Just campers = Adrian Flux
• Volksworld = Adrian Flux
• HIC = Adrian Flux

• NFU - No quoted me as I don’t have a rural postcode.

So Brentacre are still in the lead.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Octagon for mine:

130psi T32 Kombi, have full no claims (protected) £250 excess, coustesy van, legal expenses, 2 named drivers, not the chespest I found but best all round pakage.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Directline but through the car section! Which lists vans. £180 fully comp:)- 2010 T5 102 LWB-with class one business use(basically travelling between offices-no tools)

I am mid 40s though,rural postcode,no points no claims.

No mods yet as I only just got the van-think thats where they'll start to sting me!

Flux etc where quoting £400 ish and were the only ones who could do that type of business cover.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I'm with Direct Line car section too after Aviva were totally incapable of getting their head round such a concept.

However I'm still quite a whack despite having tons of no-claims - over 10 years. Probably because I live in the armpit of the universe.

·
Registered
603 Posts
2003 T4 caravelle ( 9 seats ) 2.5 TDI 88bhp with no modifications.

I am in my late 40's, have 7 years no claims and paid £657 with Direct Line for fully comp insurance last September.

They would charge an extra £275 if I wanted to fit alloy wheels:eek: so I am still running steel wheels.

Without any mods, direct Line were the cheapest by far at the time.

Think that the 9 seats put insurers off so i may have to take 2 seats out this year to compare prices.

Dreading to think how much it will go up this year.

We may be getting another T4 1.9TD SWB Window van so will need to insure both.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fully converted HiTop 93 T4 Petrol with LPG conversion
65 year old driver, Max no claims. one fixed penalty with 3 points on license
Wife as named driver (Clean license)
With discount for Cat 1 immobiliser, £250 voluntary excess, 8000 miles per year, Foreign travel, and a couple of other things I cant think of -
£289 all in. MCIA (Lifesure group)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Directline but through the car section! Which lists vans. £180 fully comp:)- 2010 T5 102 LWB-with class one business use(basically travelling between offices-no tools)

I am mid 40s though,rural postcode,no points no claims.

No mods yet as I only just got the van-think thats where they'll start to sting me!

Flux etc where quoting £400 ish and were the only ones who could do that type of business cover.
holdsworth camper t4,55, fully comp, one named, only do campers,£258.00,CARAVAN WISE, Cristchurch.[full ncb]

·
Registered
27 Posts
£240 with adrian flux
888 special, camper conversion.
39 years old, no point, no accidents (touch wood) no mileage limit, no worries:ILU:
Brentacre wanted £150 more

·
Registered
263 Posts
2005 1.9 T30 - Mods = Side windows, RIB bed

Adrian Flux £704 - Hmmm!
Brentacre £540 - Cant drive other cars! WTF?

Anyone know why its so difficult to insure a basic can with 2 additional windows and professionally fitted crash tested seats?:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just moved from Brentacre (£439.99) to Just Kampers (£379.42) listing all the usual mods. Policy is underwritten by the same company Highway Insurance ??? Couple of phone calls a good mornings work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adrian Flux

2.5 TDi 1999 Camper conversion, wife on, fully comp £168! (limited mileage, full NCB on other vehicle but new policy on this) Oh and I'm 54 ;)

1 - 20 of 442 Posts