VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I'm currently with Greenlight, had my renewal through but need to change a few bits on it, i've made no secret to Greenlight i'm going to shop round before renewal but i've pm's Dan A-PLAN a couple of times and had no reply, just putting this here incase they see it......... T:
Hello,

No pm which is strange.

Cleared a lot of old messages so please re-send or call me directly on 01635-879905 :)

All the best

Dan
A-Plan

·
Registered
26 Posts
T4 2.5 tdi lwb 88bhp 2002, 8 seats,10yr ncd no claims or convictions 62 yr old just retired. Brentacre (Markerstudy policy) £375. Think its a bit dear so will be shopping around more next renewal.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
T4 2.5 tdi lwb 88bhp 2002, 8 seats,10yr ncd no claims or convictions 62 yr old just retired. Brentacre (Markerstudy policy) £375. Think its a bit dear so will be shopping around more next renewal.
Give me a call Hillhopper.

I have a great dayvan scheme with an alternative insurer and sure I can help.

Call me anytime on 01635-879905.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan Insurance

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yeh, Give [email protected] a call, I'm slightly older than you but the quote he gave me was nothing like yours, every thing
covered as well T:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hope some trades can help.....

we are looking at buying a T5. Its has 2 x captains seats in the front and a 3/4 R&R bed in the back.

Add ons are Alloys, rear spoiler, Side windows, side bars, roof bars, and front spoiler.

I have 11 years no claims bonus and it is coming back at £1600.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Hope some trades can help.....

we are looking at buying a T5. Its has 2 x captains seats in the front and a 3/4 R&R bed in the back.

Add ons are Alloys, rear spoiler, Side windows, side bars, roof bars, and front spoiler.

I have 11 years no claims bonus and it is coming back at £1600.

Thanks in advance
Hello,

You are welcome to call me on 01635-879905 or PM me a number and I will call you.

All the very best

Dan
A-Plan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm picking up my 1st camper tomorrow. It's a panel van which is fully converted. But still registered as panel van. Shall I re register it as a camper ? And if I do can I insure it through my car insurance with multi car. So then I have 10 + years ncb. It's a minefield and I ain't got a clue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shout out the team at A Plan.

I got a cracking deal with them for my van. I was with Direct line and renew price of £357 with out mods.

A Plan has got me a price of around £100 cheaper with all mods plus.

Cheers all at A Plan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just tried to update insurance because we had a rock n roll bed installed....... They decided to cancel the policy and have now left me in limbo as no where is open to arrange cover.
Their explanation was that they don't cover 'none factory standard' conversions?
Don t quite understand this as almost everyone on here has an 'aftermarket' conversion.
How can we insure our van legally!
"Who will insure my van dot com?????"

804 Posts
Just tried to update insurance because we had a rock n roll bed installed....... They decided to cancel the policy and have now left me in limbo as no where is open to arrange cover.
Their explanation was that they don't cover 'none factory standard' conversions?
Don t quite understand this as almost everyone on here has an 'aftermarket' conversion.
What a nightmare :eek:

I'd be glad to provide a quote if you'd like? Feel free to drop me a PM & I'll give you a ring in the morning.

We've insured a life sized copy of the red & yellow Little Tykes 'Cozy Coupe', a garden shed on wheels as well as a skip on wheels! So I'm certain a rock 'N' roll bed will be fine! T:

All the best

Dan
Adrian Flux Insurance

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Hello,

Thanks for the PM, and its exactly what we do at A-Plan.

Modifications covered like for like and you can add modifications at no extra charge.

Message me a number and I will personally call you and offer a quote.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan
01635-879905.

·
Registered
5 Posts
good afternoon all,
I have bought a t5.1 with minor mods i.e. alloys roof bars front splitter but now I am looking to lower it add a few windows ect.
I would assume it would not be classed as a van once windows are added?

many thanks
paul.

ps how do I get rid of these stupid red wavey lines :eek:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
good afternoon all,
I have bought a t5.1 with minor mods i.e. alloys roof bars front splitter but now I am looking to lower it add a few windows ect.
I would assume it would not be classed as a van once windows are added?

many thanks
paul.

ps how do I get rid of these stupid red wavey lines :eek:
Hello,

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum :)

Now, unless it gets a full camper conversion and gets re-registered as a camper then the log book will not change by adding windows.

The term in the industry would refer to your van as a dayvan, which indicates a van with modifications that can be used for work, leisure camping etc.

We have insurance schemes here to cover modified vans and all the modifications are covered like for like.

Feel free to Private message me a number or call me on 01635-879905 and I can give you a great quote on the insurance.

All the very best

Dan Cameron
A-Plan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I've just bought my first T5 and was surprised that insurance bus so expensive. I'm paying over £600 per year for up to 5,000 miles in a 2003 van. I'm in central London, don't have any no claims discount and no other vehicle. Any recommendations? Some firms refused to even quote.

401 - 420 of 442 Posts