VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm looking for a cheaper insurance quote. I have been quoted so far from a few companies over a grand a year. I have t5 2006 with 6 seats and windows at the back, 3 years ncb and am 32 years old. Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

Joji

865 Posts
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to private message some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Aplan insure my modded sportline, blew everybody else out the water! Send Dan @ A-Plan Insurance a PM, he'll sort you outT:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Give aviva a try, I'm 39 n av a 08 velle, remapped to 210 n they av saved me over a tun, fully comp £358, LV wanted £580
Good luck

·
Registered
406 Posts
...from your description, sounds like your van is a standard Kombi, not a home made camper conversion which some companies are not keen on.
For insurance purposes, standard is the way to go, any mods can be more difficult.
I pay £146 fully comp for my Autosleeper camper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind information. I'm quite surprised at how much these insurances cost. Should have done a bit of fact finding before installing them seats but never mind.

·
Registered
423 Posts
...from your description, sounds like your van is a standard Kombi, not a home made camper conversion which some companies are not keen on.
For insurance purposes, standard is the way to go, any mods can be more difficult.
I pay £146 fully comp for my Autosleeper camper.
£146 fully comp is that monthly LOL:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Should have done a bit of fact finding before installing them seats but never mind.
I am going to have a quick release, double seat fitted in the back of my panel van and Brentacre said it would not cost me any additional premium.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all from my experience of trying to find good insurance quotes was a pain in the A-- i agree brentacre seem one of the best you can have as many mods as you want to outside and inside of van and premium stays the same only May increase if you start remapping engine excess abit high but other than that a good company

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All. Having spent ages researching (mainly on this forum - thank you) we picked up our first T5 last weekend. I'm 41 with over 10 years NCB. Insurance for me and my wife was £305 with Adrian Flux and this included optional extras. I also tried Brentacre, A-plan, and even Direct Line - all of them were more expensive (in that order).

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I'll second mapper on this. Having just joined you guys with a van after so long. I've found flux right up there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts