VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's the best company for t4 insurance? I just had a quote for nearly 900 quid telling them about the few mods like decat,air filter,and remap.:eek:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have had two reasonable quotes regarding insuring my T4 if I were to Modify it.

I have 7 years protected No Claims bonus and am 47 years old.

Currently paying £567 ( 9 seater with no Mods, fully comp with me as the only driver ).

Vehicle:-

2003 T4 Caravelle 2.5 TDI LWB 88Bhp AJT engine with six seats ( 3 removed and stored ).
valued at around £8000.

Proposed Mods:-

17" Alloy Wheels with 225/50/17 load rated tyres.
Remove the Catalytic convertor.
Blank off the EGR valve.
Remap up to @ 120 BHP.
Fit an 'A' Bar.

The first quote was for £740.Second quote was for £630 but I would probably need to register and modify the T4 as a Camper.

Looking to save money myself so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
i'm with herts insurance consultants, costing me £510 fully comp as a full on self build camper conversion (haven't finished doing the work yet but it would've been cheaper as a standard van)

standard 2.5 tdi ajt

mileage of 14,000 per year

i'm 35 with full no claims, bird is 28 but only been driving 4 years

i think location has a lot to do with it
i used to live near leighton buzzard and when we moved to north devon my golf's policy price dropped by half :eek::D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have insured mine thought swinton as most insurances wont touch the nine seats ( 2001 2.5tdi Twin slider LWB ) and i pay about £800 a year no mods and 6 years protected and I am 30.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Try Sureterm and Brentcare I paid 240ish fully comp 2.4d with it being lowered. Ring round dude, I'm guessing it will be higher this yr !!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just did a quote online on multivan 2.4 lhd with value of 4500 came to £ 190 pounds I think I'm going with them in the next couple of weeks as my one is due to expire !!A:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts